Sunday, September 14, 2014


The website I chose to use as a resource throughout this course is www.naeyc.com.

I think the best place to begin is by reading the Position Statement in order to understand NAECY`s position on various issues that I will be analyzing throughout this course. The first issue I chose to look at was Diversity. Diversity has been my focus this week and I was curious to read NAEYC`s position statement on that. I was not surprised to read that there is an emphasis put on the fact that diversity is an increasingly important issue in our Early Childhood classes. NAECY has many good recommendations that are directed at Early Childhood programs and educators. Some points that are noted are the importance of “diversity, children`s ties to their families and community, the importance of second language as well as mother tongue” (NAEYC, 2009) I love the point made that “Linguistic diversity is and asset and not a deficit.” (NAEYC, 2009).

3 comments:

  1. I really love the NAEYC's dedication to the early childhood field. Having access to abundant resources is crucial to professionals in the field. This website is also a great information tool for educators, parents, and anyone who is interested in the early-childhood field. Also, networking is a great way to learn new strategies. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NAEYC they are so in touch with our field of study. For anyone just getting into early childhood they really should explore the NAEYC website. Great posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people that are getting into childhood development sometimes are lost in what to do or where to go for more information. NAEYC is the blue print for information for people in the beginning process of making a career in childhood development.

    ReplyDelete